The Cheboygan Area Arts Council (CAAC) is looking for an Executive Director to bring quality performing and visual arts to the area. The candidate needs to be an energetic leader who understands non-profits, connects to our mission and cause, invests their time and talents in the community arts programs, and continues the maintenance and upgrades to of our renovated historic Opera House. Preferences will be given to candidates with experience in: budget management, creating and implementing events calendars, fundraising, social media, public speaking, and grant writing. Salary is $39,000 annually.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to: Cheboygan Area Arts Council, Attn: Director Position, PO Box 95, Cheboygan, MI 49721 or email@example.com by noon on Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
Cheboygan Area Arts Council Executive Director Position Description
The Executive Director of Cheboygan Area Arts Council will be responsible for the following items:
· Create annual budget for planning, preparation, and implementation.
· Prepare data for monthly financial reports.
· Oversee the bookkeeper with accounts receivable/payable, payroll and payroll taxes, and preparation of audit materials.
· Find and write applicable grants.
· Create and apply fundraising for programs and sponsorships.
· Use rental and service revenues for fundraising.
· Work with fundraising committee to plan fundraisers.
· Run annual membership campaign with all staff.
· Book, negotiate and prepare contracts with artists and renters with other staff.
· Coordinate and schedule calendar of events with other staff.
· Create marketing and audience development with other staff.
· Create advertising and promotion with other staff.
· Supervise and train personnel, paid and volunteer.
· Collect and log mail with other staff.
· Prepare office calendars/techs sheets with other staff.
· Maintain work climate and teamwork in office.
· Write newsletters with other staff.
· Coordinate maintenance and house activities, including supervisor designee for each performance.
· Enforce restrictions limitations and house rules.
Board of Directors
· Update and keep long range plan current.
· Oversee standing committees.
· Prepare agenda for board and chaired meetings with other staff.
· Create and post annual meeting notification with other staff.
· Schedule board and committee meetings, and member notifications with other staff.
· Supervise and coordinate volunteer activities.
· Train House Captain and, with their help, conduct orientations of ushers/house staff.
· Keep current with events that impact operations of CAAC and Opera House.
· Maintain and expand community awareness.
· Interact with other local, statewide, and national organizations.
· Update and supply content for website, as needed.
· Supply content for constant contact newsletter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter with other staff.
Program Creation and Oversight of the following programs:
· Dance program
· Art Vision Cheboygan
· Cheboygan Area Youth Arts Council
· Cheboygan Chamber Music Series
· Cheboygan Opera Society
· Cheboygan Arts Festival
Updated May 2021